Sunday 31 August 2008

Converge - You Fail Me



Now I don't care what you say, this album is THE SHIZZLE. (It was good). Converge are a mathcore band, and probably the best one at that. Although the band claim that their music is what hardcore “should” sound like, when actually the morons went and made a whole new genre...the silly turds. Anyway, if you aren't familiar with mathcore, its basically just a more extreme version of hardcore, and if you aren't familiar with hardcore, well...then you can find out yourself, why should I care? Converge have only a few songs with riffs (such as "You Fail Me"), being mathcore and all that, but I'm sure if they did have riffs on all the songs, the riffs would be AWESOME. They make up for it however, by having the coolest bits in their songs EVER, the little guitar and drum solos and all that are just amazing. And then there's the vocals. the vocals are totally unique (as far as I know) and are practically indescribable (one person said it sounded like a dog barking into a distortion microphone. The world these days is filled with stupid people...).

Me and my friend (yes, I have a friend) had an argument once over who was a better vocalist, Mark Hunter (Chimaira) or Jacob Banner (Converge). (Obviously I was rooting for converge, despite overall liking Chimaira more) and there's not REALLY any proof as to which ones better, so I asked the great Nick Cotton, and it seems Jacob Bannon wins. Hurrah for democracy (?).

Now before I give you advise on whether to buy it or not, I should say something. The majority of metal heads I know say converge are shit, because they "have no tune and are vewwy vewwy boring". WRONG. But anyway you may share that wrong opinion I don't know.

Well I would (and am) going to give the album 4.5/5, because...its good. but its not THAT good, if you get me. Still, and mathcore lovers, GET IT, Converge lovers, GET IT. people looking for some extreme music, GET IT. as for hardcore fans and your average joe metal head (so probably most people reading this) try listening to a few of the songs on the album first., (Go for "Eagles Become Vultures" or "Heartless") and see what you think. and whatever you think, get it anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THEY HAVE NO TUNE AND ARE VEWWY VEWWY BORING XD

EnglishCarBomb said...

YOU SIR, ARE FUCKIGN SHIT