Wednesday 30 July 2008

Soilwork - Steelbath Suicide

 
Being their first album, I sort of forgive them for it not being that great, the vocals on the album never really change pitch and almost constantly remain very high pitched. most of the songs sound the same and are hard to distinguish, the guitar effects are sort of annoying and well the whole album is just kinda mediocre. but of course those are just the bad things, the songs have quite good melodies, the guitar solos are AWESOME and there's lots of them, so if guitar solos are you're thing then you might be up for this. keep in mind that if you're familiar with Soilwork, you probably wont be with their earlier albums, and just to say, they're a LOT different. they were melodic death metal at that point, similar to "At The Gates", well they still are melodic death metal, just they're softer melodic death metal now...if that makes sense to you

They do have sum good songs in it like "Razorlives" which are pretty good, and they also have a cover of Deep Purple's "Burn" which is very good, though I don't know where they conjured the woman from....
Or well at least I THINK the cover is on the album, I'm not quite sure. Having looked at the lyrics, I still don't think Soilwork actually understand English, none of their songs on any of their albums seem to make sense...well at least to me they don't

Anyway, I would give this album a 3/5, 3.5 if you REALLY feel like pushing it. Buying this album is something that would only be advisory if you were a big fan of guitar solos, or At The Gates, that sort of thing. None the less, I do plan to buy the album, as I have every other Soilwork album...so why not?

No comments: